With self-detect technology and a digital timer, the Vitamix V1200 is unlike anything on the marketplace. You have to pay a bit more to get those extras, but if you're someone who loves spending time in the kitchen, then the blender more than pays for itself over time.
Is a Vitamix V1200 blender right for you?
The Vitamix V1200 is a modern blender for the modern chef. It has numerous technological features you can benefit from every day, including variable speed controls that allow you to control the texture perfectly. And you can swap out containers without worrying about adjusting the settings, too. This blender features built-in wireless connectivity to alter the maximum blending times based on the container size you have on it.
The countdown timer is a relatively new addition to the Vitamix line. You can find something similar on other blenders, like the A3300 and A3500. However, it's worth noting that some people seem to think the V1200 is a little louder than blenders in the Vitamix Ascent line.
But ultimately, you're getting a top-notch blender that has all the power you're looking for. See why so many others have added this blender to their kitchen.
Consider Vitamix V1200 if...
- You need the perfect texture with Variable Speed Control that allows you to make everything from smooth yogurt to chunky salsas.
- You want a digital timer that ensures your blender gives you the perfect concoction every time.
- You like making food for the whole family. Thanks to the 64-ounce container, it's perfect for hosting.
Avoid Vitamix V1200 if...
- You don't need to make food for a lot of people where the 64-ounce container may get cumbersome.
- You don't want self-detect features because you only ever plan on using one type of container on it.
- You don't like a lot of homemade foods, such as non-dairy milks and salsas, that the Vitamix V1200 is proficient in making.
Vitamix V1200 pros & cons
- Variable speed and pulse controls to give you the perfect amount of power
- A digital timer that allows you to set the exact length of time you need the blender to run for
- A high-performance motor capable of handling the toughest ingredients
- Stainless-steel blades that don't dull after only a few uses
- A 20-ounce blending cup that's great for smaller batches
- Bluetooth capabilities can be thrown off based on outside factors
- A little noisy on the higher settings
Construction and design
- Blending power: Vitamix V1200 comes with 120 volts, 50-60 Hz, and 12 Amps. These are standard across most blenders. And it's what you find in the Vitamix Ascent line.
- Durability: Vitamix has a well-earned reputation for quality. And it's backed up by a 10-year full warranty.
- Noise level: The higher settings get a bit noisier. It has less sound muffling compared to the Ascent line of blenders. However, the sound is pretty manageable at "Low" and "Medium," which is usually what you need when making the basics like smoothies and juices.
- Size: The blender measures 10.5 in. x 8 in. x 17 in. It's a good size for most kitchens. And with a 4-ft. cord, you should have no problems finding an outlet.
- Extra feature: Smart technology is taking over! And that includes in your kitchen. The Vitamix V1200 comes with a motor base that automatically recognizes the container size you're using and adjusts as necessary to provide optimal blend times.
What can I make with Vitamix V1200?
Reasons to buy Vitamix V1200?
- You need the best in tech. With a digital timer, self-detect technology, and blade friction heating, this is truly the pinnacle of modern blenders.
- You want the blender to do most of the work. Thanks to the timer and self-detecting qualities, this blender does a lot of the heavy lifting. You can set it how you want and walk away knowing the food it makes is going to be delicious.
- You want all the bells and whistles. You get so much more than just a blender with your purchase. It also comes with a cookbook, mini-tamper, and blade base.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix V1200?
- You aren't making a lot of different foods. Some people just want to make a smoothie in the morning and never use their blenders for anything else. In that instance, you don't need all the extras that come with the Vitamix V1200.
- You don't want a lot of noise. Unless you always have it set to "High," the Vitamix V1200 shouldn't be too loud. But if you're sensitive to high volumes, then you may want to look elsewhere, such as in the Ascent line that comes with better noise-muffling capabilities.
What real Vitamix V1200 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix V1200 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix V1200 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The Vitamix is an outstanding blender and well worth the money if you intend to use your blender a lot. It's well built, durable and very good at its job."
- "The blending power of this thing is like nothing I have ever seen. Also, easy to clean just fill to half with water with a drop of dishwasher cleaner and run on high for 30 seconds and you're done."
- "I make sorbets, soups, my own powdered sugar, my own peanut butter, it's really great for the health conscious and it's honestly fun to make your own things you would usually get from the store."
- "The technology available on this Vitamix is what sets it apart. It brings a whole new concept to the idea of a blender."
- "It is a Vitamix. It stands up to its reputation as a solid, powerful, quality product."
What reviewers dislike
- "The book is beautiful. The recipes are a little too healthy, and vegan for me. I'm not a fan of chia for example. But the book is a source of good ideas."
- "Maybe a 1/2 star doink because it is loud, but show me a blender that isn't."
- "The 20 ounce container isn’t very useful to blend in but does make a nice travel cup so I don’t mind."
- "I did not expect to have to continually stir it with the tamper stick. It’s so frustrating to have to be tied to it while I’m trying to make the rest of breakfast."
- "Horsepower not strong enough to make hummus with chick peas."
Vitamix has a real knack for reinventing the wheel, and it's done so again with the Vitamix V1200. All the new technology is nice, but at the end of the day, the blender does a great job of offering sufficient power to make everything from juices to chunky salsas. It's great for family dinners or when you have to go to a potluck. Plus, the digital timer and wireless connectivity are perfect for households already equipped with smart home features.
Yes, it's a bit expensive. And yes, it can be noisy. But those are small prices to pay when you look at all the positives. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to reinvigorate their interest in making homemade butters, juices, and sauces.
Where to buy Vitamix V1200
Plenty of places sell the Vitamix V1200. But for the most bang for your buck, you should buy it from Amazon. It comes in an array of colors, including black, white, red, and slate. Plus, so much already comes in the box, you don't have to worry about buying a bunch of extras!