If you're on the hunt for a high-performing, reliable blender that's optimal for making small-batch recipes at home or on the go, the Vitamix S30 is the right choice for you. This model includes a portable container for single-servings and a 40oz pitcher perfect for small meals. The included 5-year warranty ensures the S30's durability.
Is a Vitamix S30 blender right for you?
The Vitamix S30 is a great choice if you're looking for a versatile blender that takes up minimal counter space. With the S30's double-walled, portable 20oz container, you can easily take blends to-go. The S30's additional 40oz pitcher is perfect for salad dressings, hots soups, and larger batches. The S30's compact motor base, multifunctional containers, and variable speed and pulse control makes this blender suitable for one person or small families.
Consider the Vitamix S30 if...
- You need a smaller blender that takes up minimal counter space and is easy to store.
- You want the option to take single serving blender recipes with you.
- You like variable speed control and a pulse function for those hard-to-blend foods, like frozen fruit.
Avoid the Vitamix S30 if...
- You don't need two different pitcher sizes, especially one that's portable.
- You don't want a small blender. While the S30's 20oz and 40oz containers are great for small families, consider a larger Vitamix model to make large batches, like the Vitamix E320, featuring a 64oz container.
- You don't like simple blenders. This Vitamix doesn't include wireless or Self-Detect technology, like Vitamix's latest Ascent line. Check out the A3500 if you'e looking for a technologically advanced blender.
Vitamix S30 pros & cons
- Takes up minimal counter space, only 15 inches high
- Includes a 20oz insulated portable container and 40oz versatile pitcher
- Variable speed control with pulse control function
- Smaller than other Vitamix models
- Less technological features than Vitamix's Ascent line
Construction and design
- Blending power: The S30 may be small, but it sure is mighty! The 790-watt motor crushes ice and pulverizes any whole food ingredient. The motor maintains even torque and temperature. Different speed controls means that you can decide how smooth you want the blend to be. Pulse control is perfect for chopping and prepping ingredients before getting your blend on.
- Durability: With a 5-year warranty, this blender is built to last. Laser-cut blades made from hardened stainless steel are engineered for durability, and plastics are BPA-free. Additionally, If this blender senses base disruption, it'll switch off to prevent harm to your blender and your food.
- Noise level: This smaller model produces less noise than other larger Vitamix blenders, like the 7500 which has a more powerful motor. It's a great choice for early risers who love their morning smoothie mix without waking up the whole house.
- Size: With a small base measuring 8" x 5" wide (and standing just 15" tall) this model is a great choice if you have limited counter or storage space.
What can I make with the Vitamix S30?
Reasons to buy the Vitamix S30?
- You want to take your blends on-the-go. The 20oz insulated to-go container with a flip-top lid makes to-go smoothies and soups easy. The to-go cup is designed to fit in most cup holders for easy travel, and is dishwasher safe. This is perfect for college students, parents, or anyone with a busy lifestyle.
- You have limited counter or storage space. The S30 is only 15" tall and 5" by 8" wide, and has a narrow base, making it great for storage in smaller kitchen spaces.
- You're in search of a simple, versatile blender. The S30's 790-watt motor and laser-cut blades can handle most food items, and the variable speed and pulse feature included in one dial makes it easy to control the consistency of any blended recipe. Plus, the 40oz and 20oz containers add batch size versatility.
Reasons to avoid the Vitamix S30?
- You want to make large batches. If you're looking for a blender that feeds 5 or more, consider the Vitamix E320 or 7500 as they offer 64oz. containers.
- You're looking for a professional-grade blender. This blender is great for small families, but if you're a chef looking for a professional model, consider a professional-grade Vitamix, like the A3500.
What real Vitamix S30 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Vitamix S30 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Vitamix S30 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I researched many of the other blenders but the fact that this was made in the USA made all the difference. The blender works great."
- "Cleaning the unit is very easy. Storage is not a problem - the unit is so small I am able to leave it out on the counter."
- "I'm single so the personal size was best for me."
- "I love it. I use my Vitamix every week. It started off as a smoothie thing but now I am really enjoying making home made almond milk."
- "it's perfect for making for just myself each morning! It's powerful and I love the spin dial. Nothing digital to try to read."
What reviewers dislike
- "The only thing I find wrong with this is the staining of the plastic over time despite the rampant cleaning."
- "Great size but isn't nearly powerful enough."
- "Returned it for the larger size."
- "It's meant to blend chunky foods but the design of the cup causes food to get stuck."
- "Like it but wished it came with a cup that is not so deep."
As fellow blender aficionados, we love how convenient and versatile the S30 is. The insulated to-go blender container is perfect for single serving smoothies in the morning for your commute, and the flip-top makes this cup great for dressings and sauces as well. The S30's compact size is suitable for any kitchen, and the variable speeds and pulse option gives you tons of control over each blend. Whether you live on your own or among a small group of blender lovers, this is a great choice for you.
If you're blending for a large family, or perhaps a whole restaurant, the S30 won't do the trick. It's a high-performing blender, but its smaller size can't handle volumes over 40oz. You should consider a larger or professional-grade Vitamix, like the A3500 which can handle 64oz batches and has a 2.2HP motor.
While this blender is on the pricier side, we feel it's features and power are well worth it. Consider the S30 an investment in the health of you and your family for years to come.
Where to buy the Vitamix S30
We searched far and wide, and found the best prices for the Vitamix S30 on Amazon. You can find the S30 in red or black. Amazon is known for their quick packing and delivery times, so you'll have this blender delivered to your door within days.