A digital timer and wireless connectivity easily set the Vitamix A2300 apart from other blenders on the market. Those features come at a higher price point. But if you plan on using your blender day in and day out, it's well worth the investment.
Is a Vitamix A2300 blender right for you?
The A2300 is the first model from Vitamix's Ascent series. This collection consists of blenders made with the best technology currently available from Vitamix. And the A2300 represents that with built-in wireless connectivity and app compatibility. The app gives you access to a wide range of features, including automated blending programs you can use in tandem with your blender.
In addition to incorporating your smartphone into your cooking time, you can also benefit from the sleek design punctuated with a digital timer. It's a lot simpler to know precisely how much longer you have with a straightforward timer. Granted, the Ascent series in general costs a lot more than other blenders from Vitamix, it might be worth it depending on how often you plan on using these extra features.
Consider Vitamix A2300 if...
- You like monitoring everything on the digital timer or on your smartphone.
- You want a clear lid, so you can see everything going on inside.
- You like a pulse feature to give you every consistency between chunky and smooth.
Avoid Vitamix A2300 if...
- You don't need Wi-Fi capabilities and like to keep things simple.
- You don't want a 64-ounce container designed for feeding a ton of people.
- You don't need both pulse and speed features.
Vitamix A2300 pros & cons
- The ability to pair with a number of self-detect containers
- Compatibility with the Vitamix app to acccess various programs and recipes
- A digital timer to take the guesswork out of food preparation
- Pulse and variable speed controls
- Blade friction heating to make hot soup
- Smart features' usefulness dependent on home Wi-Fi
- 64-ounce container may be too large for some
Construction and design
- Blending power: The electrical ratings on the Vitamix A2300 are 120 Volts, 50-60 Hz, and 12 Amps. Plus, it comes with 2.2-peak horsepower to blend everything exactly how you want it.
- Durability: Vitamix blenders are made to last. As one of the new models on the market, you should expect this blender to last. Plus, Wi-Fi capabilities allow it to be updated over time.
- Noise level: It's about as noisy as any other blender available. But it's only really noticeable when you have it on the higher settings.
- Size: The Vitamix A2300 measures 11 in. x 8 in. x 17 in. That's about the same size many other blenders come in. But considering how often you're going to use it, it just makes sense to keep it on your countertop.
What can I make with Vitamix A2300?
Reasons to buy Vitamix A2300?
- You want the perfect texture. A lot of older blenders make you play the guessing game to get the speed just right so that your smoothie isn't chunky. But with pulse and variable speed controls, you get your food exactly as you want it.
- You want hot foods, too. With blade friction heating, you can actually warm up meals in the blender. You can easily make your own soup in a matter of minutes.
- You want the Vitamix app. The app is incredibly useful. With it, you gain access to over 500 recipes, and you can even add your own recipes to the mix. You can even sync it with a fitness tracker for an all-around benefit to your health.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix A2300?
- It's too expensive. The Vitamix A2300 comes with a lot of nifty features. But all that comes at a price. Vitamix is known for quality, but it's not the right choice if you're on a particularly tight budget.
- You want a traditional blending experience. The Vitamix A2300 comes with a lot of innovative technical aspects such as digital screen and wi-fi capabilities. If you need a simple blender that can make foods without all the bells and whistles, opt for the Vitamix 5200.
What real Vitamix A2300 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix A2300 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix A2300 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Love, Love, Love, Love it. This is absolutely one of my most beloved products sitting on my kitchen counter top. I use the vitamix for making all kinds of things."
- "I've had this for more than a year and use it everyday to make smoothies, throwing whole almonds, vegetables, whatever in it. In 45 seconds I always have a perfect smoothie."
- "We will never go back to buying other brands. It's incredible how smooth things are compared to the blender we had before (Ninja)."
- "Cleaning it is super easy! Some hot water, with a drop of liquid soap, spin for a minute, rinse out with water and it comes out squeaky clean!"
- "You can make a super easy banana ice cream (in the big jar or small ones) just by blending at high speed frozen bananas in little pieces with just a little milk and you can add dark cocoa powder."
What reviewers dislike
- "The 2300 has a quieter motor however [it's] really only noticed at the lower numbered setting. As a huge amount of the recipes call for you to blend on setting 10 the noise level is about the same."
- "I got used to the loud, brief noise it makes. It's a powerful machine."
- "The original jar is too big and will not work well for individual smoothies."
- "App asks for your location and microphone access which is [weird] and I [don't] like it."
- "Good machine but very noisy."
The Vitamix A2300 is truly the blender of the future. The fact you can sync your blender with your smartphone opens up a whole new world of possibilities. In addition, you get to enjoy the built-in pulse features and self-detect technology that ensure a perfect blend every time.
It costs a little more, but that's to be expected with quality blenders. If budget isn't a problem for you, and you're looking for a blender that can do it all, you may want to consider other blenders in the Vitamix Ascent series. The A2500 comes with 3 programmable settings to automatically give you the precise consistency you want with a smoothie. And if you really want to go all out, then look into the A3500, which comes with 5 programmable settings and a touch pulse button as opposed to the switch on the A2500.
Anyone wanting a quality, top of the line blender that packs a punch would do well with the A2300. It comes with most features blending enthusiasts want without being the most expensive model on the market.
Where to buy Vitamix A2300
The Vitamix A2300 is available at the best price on Amazon. You can choose between a black, slate, red, or white base to match your kitchen aesthetic for seamless integration into your home! Plus, Amazon Prime members get to enjoy free, fast shipping on this blender!