Vitamix E310 is a durable blender powered by 120 volts with three-inch diameter airplane-grade steel blades. While its one of Vitamix's noisiest, it's one of their most powerful, and dial-controlled variable speed makes it easy to use effectively. Additionally, its 11-inch height makes it ideal for storage when compared to the 5200 or 750 Pro.
Is a Vitamix E310 blender right for you?
If you love smoothies, are looking for a faster way to prepare meals, or searching for a blender that's not too big or too small, the Vitamix E310 is a good option. This versatile blender comes with variable speed control, a cool-running motor, and a 48-ounce jar, making it an excellent option for small portions, college students, or meal prepping.
Consider Vitamix E310 if...
- You need a smaller jar for smoothies. 48-ounce is generally recommended for smaller batches or projects, compared to the 64-ounce of the E320 and 5200.
- You want variable speed control, allowing you to fine-tune your ingredients' consistency from start to finish. This is a feature shared by the 5200 if you want both variable speed control and a 64-ounce jar.
- You like the high friction heat capability, which allows you to heat ingredients from frozen. This feature is also available in many Vitamix models, such as the 750 Pro and the E320.
Avoid Vitamix E310 if...
- You don't need a smaller jar and would prefer the 64-ounce capacity of other Vitamix models, such as the 5200, the 5300, or the 750 Professional.
- You don't want a blender that's more difficult to operate. For some, more streamlined models with preprogrammed modes for smoothies, hot soups, and frozen treats like the Vitamix 780 could be more appropriate.
- You don't like that the base of the E310 is relatively large. While it's 11.5-pounds, which is relatively heavy large compared to the Vitamix 750, the dimensions (listed below) could make storage more difficult.
Vitamix E310 pros & cons
- Self-cleaning. Like most other Vitamix models, the E310 cleans itself when you add soap and water on high.
- 3-inch cutting blades. These aircraft-quality blades are several inches in diameter, ensuring a clean, consistent blend every time and are of the standard of even Vitamix's professional lines, like the A2500 or the 750.
- The tamper. The Vitamix E310 comes with an easy-to-use tamper, keeping your ingredients off the blender's side and preventing you from stopping while blending. The E320 also has this feature, but comes in a 64-ounce jar.
- Speed control. A great feature of this model is the ability to control or change your blending speed mid-task. This allows you to achieve the professional-grade chops and blends, and is a trademark feature of Vitamix products.
- The noise. Particularly on the highest setting, Vitamix E310 can be loud. Quieter blenders include the 780 and the A3500.
Construction and design
- Blending power: Vitamix E310 boasts 120 volts of blending power.
- Durability: Vitamix products are designed and built in the United States and are engineered to last. Vitamix E310 comes with a 7-year warranty and are known to last well beyond their years.
- Noise level: The Vitamix E310 can be loud on the highest setting. However, we found the noise level otherwise to be similar to other top-quality blenders.
- Size: The jar is 48-ounces, which is excellent for storage. Other size specifications are: 11.00 x 8.00 x 18.00 inches and a total weight of 11.5-pounds.
What can I make with Vitamix E310?
- Medium size batches of soup
- Facial masks/other cosmetic products
Reasons to buy Vitamix E310?
- You need the power of a professional-grade blender, but you live in an apartment, only cook in medium-sized batches, or you simply prefer a 48-ounce jar.
- You live a busy lifestyle and need something with the power to get the job done quickly and clean itself so you can move on with your day.
- You're looking for a customizable blending experience that allows you to fine-tune your ingredients to the necessary consistency.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix E310?
- The noise bothers you. Vitamix is known for its loud blenders, and E310 is no exception. As mentioned above, the A3500 and 780 are two of the quietest blenders, and it's also worth mentioning the E310 is also a little louder than E320.
- You don't have the space. The base of Vitamix E310 is wide compared to the E320 and other Vitamix models. If you have limited storage or counter space and are looking for a blender that's a little more space-conscience, it could be best to avoid this model.
What real Vitamix E310 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix E310 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix E310 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The E310 is fully as capable as the other two more expensive models. Highly recommended."
- "The tamper makes the job so much easier so that you don't have to keep removing the lid to scrape the sides down. Powerful, effective, incredibly easy to clean."
- "The noise level isn't an issue at all. I can't lie their isn't one bad thing I can say about it!"
- "It is used daily by both of us and is so easy to use and clean."
- "No clumps and you don't need to add too much liquid to smoothies to get it all blended! Worth the price!!"
What reviewers dislike
- "Noise level is mild on low speeds and acceptable at high speeds. My only complaint is the plastic base."
- "This is a very strong mixer and easy to use and clean, but the downside is that it is too loud."
- "Of course this is probably the loudest model they make. Placing a rubber place mat under it takes the edge off."
- "As for the base, somehow lacks the quality feel, actually feels like a refurbished piece, not sure why."
- "The controls are awkward and the machine is very loud."
The E310 is one of Vitamix's most versatile models, with dial-controlled variable speed and and 120 volts of blending power for consistent pulverization of ingredients. Moreover, the 48-ounce jar makes the E310 more beneficial to smaller portion or family sizes, and high friction heating increases the range of dishes you're able to create. However, if you're looking for a quieter model with all the upgrades, consider the A3500. And if you need a similar quality blender with a larger container, consider the 750 Pro.
Where to buy Vitamix E310
We searched high and low for the best Vitamix E310 prices, and we found them on Amazon. The model comes in red, black, or slate Currently, there is a two-day turnaround for delivery, meaning you could have your very own E310 within a few days! Additionally, you can purchase insurance and package protection directly through Amazon to protect your investment!