The Vitamix 6300 has three pre-programmed modes for smoothies, frozen desserts, and hot foods. The ease of use makes it perfect for home chefs, smoothie-fans, and those who cook in large batches. However, a consideration could be the size, which is both tall and wide, making the 6300 difficult to place on your counter or in storage.
Is a Vitamix 6300 blender right for you?
The Vitamix 6300 has the pulse setting and variable speed control you know and love from Vitamix, allowing you to tame even the most difficult recipes and manage the consistency from start to finish.
Consider Vitamix 6300 if...
- You need a blender that provides a balance between price and quality.
- You want a 64-ounce pitcher capable of taking on large recipes and batches.
- You like to blend with a lot of frozen fruits. This is where the combination of variable speed and a pulse setting comes super handy!
Avoid Vitamix 6300 if...
- You don't need a more traditional blender that's less versatile than its modern counterparts (i.e. doesn't come with LED display or timer).
- You don't want a large pitcher. Suppose you're cooking for a small family or don't entertain often. In that case, a medium-sized pitcher could be a better option for you.
- You don't like the slimmer design and wider base, which could be a problem when storing underneath low-hanging cabinets or in cupboards.
Vitamix 6300 pros & cons
- Pulse function to pulverize hard or frozen ingredients
- Isn't as versatile as other Vitamix models
- A 64-ounce pitcher could be too big
Construction and design
- Blending power: The power of the Vitamix 6300 is one of the best you'll get for a blender meant to be used in the home. It boasts an impressive 2.2 HP motor that grinds through tough ingredients to create consistent, quality blends.
- Durability: Vitamix offers a 7-year warranty on this American engineered and manufactured model. However, the Vitamix 6300 is designed to last even longer. Each product undergoes a rigorous 17-point inspection to ensure it lasts for years. Finally, the laser-cut hammermill cutting blades measure 4-in diameter for efficient chopping!
- Noise level: The noise from a Vitamix 6300 is about what you'd expect from a classic blender meant to be used in the home.
- Size: Though stylish, Vitamix 6300 is slightly on the tall side, which is a potential consideration if you're in a smaller kitchen or have low-hanging cabinets.
What can I make with Vitamix 6300?
- Soups, porridges, and chowder
Reasons to buy Vitamix 6300?
- It's a good conjunction between price and quality. If you've always wanted a Vitamix but have been discouraged by their professional-grade models' prices, this is the right model for you!
- The combination of pulse and variable speed is ideal for frequent smoothie makers looking for a time-saving blender that creates quality smoothies.
- The 64-ounce pitcher is great if you're making smoothies for the whole family, entertaining, or cooking in larger batches.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix 6300?
- You need something smaller. That's okay! If you're cooking in smaller batches, making fewer smoothies, or don't entertain frequently, but still want Vitamix's power, there are several other models for you. Consider the E310 with a smaller 48oz. container and shorter frame.
- You're looking for a professional-grade blender. This blender is great, but if you're a restaurant owner or a chef looking for a professional model, Vitamix has tons of professional-grade options! In this case, consider the Professional Series 750.
What real Vitamix 6300 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix 6300 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix 6300 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The soups are amazing. I love the squash soup recipe in the cookbook and have even substituted sweets potatoes for the squash."
- "It blends so quickly and smoothly."
- "I love the preprogrammed settings."
- "This blender will replace a lot of your appliances."
- "This Vitamix 6300 is amazing. The preprogrammed setting are a great feature."
What reviewers dislike
- "The base isn't all that attractive."
- "People complained that it left a lot in the container which is hard to get out. I did find that to be a bit of an issue, but nothing is perfect."
- "A lot of people complain about the Vitamix being a little too high to store under the counter."
- "The 6300 comes with presets that shut off automatically when they're done. I found the soup to go a little longer than I would have liked."
- "I did a test for black specs i.e to run plain water at high speed for 30-60 sec to see if there are any black specs/particles. I did find those black specs and I contacted customer service immediately."
The Vitamix 6300 is an excellent value for the price, especially considering Vitamix has a reputation for being expensive (but super high quality). The pulse function pairs excellently with the variable speeds and it's so easy to clean. This blender is a true time-saver! Vitamix 6300 is an excellent option if you're an avid smoothie-maker, an adventurous at-home chef, or looking for a high-quality blender to make your kitchen life easier!
Of course, there are a few considerations. If you're looking for a professional blender for your restaurant or small business, this isn't the appropriate model for you. We read some reviews saying the 6300 works well for restaurants. Still, we personally feel there are other Vitamix models that better suit a professional kitchen or small business. We also know how annoying it is to try to blend smaller ingredients in a pitcher that's too large, so if you're a solo-smoothie type of person or you're only cooking for a limited number of people, you should consider a different Vitamix model like the E310 or 7500.
Owning a Vitamix proves you take your blending seriously, and if you're in the market for an affordable yet high-performing blender, we highly suggest the Vitamix 6300.
Where to buy Vitamix 6300
We searched the internet for days and found the best prices for Vitamix 6300 on Amazon. There, you can pick between all the colors available. You'll find Amazon is also the most consistently-stocked market. You can always find special Vitamix goodies, attachments, and even other Vitamix models through Amazon, as well!