The Vitamix Ascent is truly the latest and greatest blender around. It syncs with your smartphone and comes with a digital interface on the front to make blending a breeze. It costs a bit more than other blenders on the market. But when you see everything it comes with, you'll understand why it's worth the price.
Is a Vitamix Ascent blender right for you?
When it comes to buying a blender, you want something that looks beautiful and performs exceptionally. The Vitamix Ascent does precisely that. It merges a state-of-the-art design with unique features, including wireless connectivity and self-detect technology that automatically adjusts based on the container. There are a lot of options out there, and there are many reasons why the Vitamix Ascent should be at the top of your list.
Consider Vitamix Ascent if...
- You need a digital timer that lets you know how much longer your food has.
- You want Bluetooth capabilities that sync to your phone so that you can operate your blender from anywhere in the house.
- You like programmed settings that automatically give you the perfect consistency for your soup, smoothie, and more.
Avoid Vitamix Ascent if...
- You don't need 10 different speed settings because you plan on only making a few things.
- You don't want a touch screen on the face of your blender that could get it dirty.
- You're not tech savvy. If you like to keep things simple, this blender is anything but that. With its many tech-forward features and capabilities, you may want to opt for a more traditional blender such as the Vitamix 5300.
Vitamix Ascent pros & cons
- Pre-programmed settings for desserts, soups, and smoothies
- Built-in wireless connectivity to continually upgrade
- Pulse and variable speed controls
- Self-detect technology to automatically know when a differently-sized container is on
- Several containers take up space in your cabinet
Construction and design
- Blending power: The Vitamix Ascent has peak horsepower at 2.2. Its electrical ratings are 120 Volts, 50-60 Hz, and 12 Amps. Vitamix doesn't strive for the highest horsepower in the game. It aims for precision and the ability to grind down the toughest ingredients.
- Durability: The Vitamix Ascent series comes with a 10-year full warranty. And with wireless capabilities, it constantly receives virtual upgrades, so your blender gets better with time.
- Noise level: You should expect a little noise from your blender, especially on higher settings. Other models, like the Vitamix E320, are quieter, but you don't get as many features. You're going to need to decide which qualities are most important to you.
- Size: The Vitamix Ascent's dimensions are 11 in. x 8 in. x 17 in. It's a standard size, and you should be able to keep it on your countertop without it getting in the way.
What can I make with Vitamix Ascent?
Reasons to buy Vitamix Ascent?
- You're ready to enter the 21st century. The Vitamix Ascent has a big leg up on blenders that came out 10 or even 5 years ago. The fact you can sync it with your smartphone makes it all the more convenient.
- You want to take your food to go. Various containers come with your purchase. You can hook up a travel-size container to your blender. That way your smoothies are ready to go as soon as they're finished.
- You enjoy variety. Many blenders are only equipped to handle a few tasks. With this blender, you can make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks all with one device. And the pre-programmed settings mean the blender gets your smoothies and soups just how you like them without you having to lift an extra finger.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix Ascent?
- You don't want to spend a lot. The Vitamix Ascent costs more than comparable models. You get a lot of high-tech features, but they come at an extra cost.
- You want something lighter. Vitamix Ascent blenders tend to weigh about 15 pounds. This may be too much for some people if you need to move your blender around constantly.
What real Vitamix Ascent reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix Ascent receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix Ascent scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "This is my fourth Vitamix. None have broken, I just keep seeing new ones and it’s a great excuse to give the current one to a doubting relative or wayward child."
- "I use it every day at least twice, we make almond milk, ice cream, almond butter, smoothies, green juices. Yes it sounds pretty standard but believe me you cannot do that in a normal blender."
- "Our family does smoothies almost daily now, and I've also made super easy & fast soup. I can't wait to use it for chopping, homemade hummus, and the millions of other creations possible!"
- "I use it to make vegetable and fruit smoothies. It can make at least 2 quarts of smoothies at once in 1 min. And very easy to clean."
- "It has the smoothie preset so I can start it and walk away."
What reviewers dislike
- "Yes it was expensive, but hopefully with a 10 yr warranty, I will be money ahead in the long term. "
- "It has a plastic body, which I'm not jazzed about but it seems really sturdy so probably not a huge concern."
- "Powerful but not quiet."
- "I would personally like to have seen the display screen a matte finish rather than a high gloss one."
- "They only offer 64oz, 48oz then skip to 8 oz except for smoothies. What is needed is a mid size like 32 or 24 oz."
Everyone wants a smart home, and now, your blender can join the fun. The Vitamix app is available for both iOS and Android users. If you need to step away for a moment while your blender is running, you can keep track of everything from your phone. Plus, the pulse feature, variable speed controls, and pre-programmed settings ensure your food looks precisely as it should.
All those features don't come cheap. The Vitamix Ascent series has some of the most expensive blenders available from the brand. The Explorian series is more affordable, but you don't get touchscreens and Bluetooth capabilities. There's no wrong answer when it comes to the blender you buy. You just need to think of what features are most important to you and your cooking needs and shop accordingly.
Where to buy Vitamix Ascent
By far, the best price for the Vitamix Ascent is on Amazon. Additionally, Amazon Prime members get to enjoy fast, free 2-day shipping on this blender!