The Vitamix A2500 is a modern, aesthetically appealing blender from Vitamix's Ascent series. It brings the best of Vitamix and combines it with a timer to respond to your container size, adjusting your time and setting accordingly. This blender also comes in three modes, making your blending job easy. However, the containers for the smart-adjust come at an extra cost.
Is a Vitamix A2500 blender right for you?
The Vitamix A2500 is a stylish smart-blender that uses self-detect technology to determine the proper time and setting for your task. Additionally, this model has three pre-programmed modes for smoothies, hot foods, and frozen treats. The Vitamix A2500 is truly a marvel that takes all the guess-work out of your cooking, making it beneficial if you're cooking at home or using it in a professional kitchen.
Consider Vitamix A2500 if...
- You need the capability to set your timer and walk away. Whether you're a professional chef or a home cook, you're juggling a lot in the kitchen. Vitamix A2500 makes it easy to multitask!
- You want smart technology that helps ensure you get the most out of your recipes. Vitamix is the first company to offer smart-detection containers that can sense the size of your container!
- You like the sleek, modern look of the A2500, which comes in red, black, slate, or white! The Vitamix A2500 goes great with any decor and could even become a defining piece in your kitchen.
Avoid Vitamix A2500 if...
- You don't need all the bells and whistles that come with a high tech blender, or you're just looking to make some smoothies.
- You don't want a blender that requires additional features (i.e. the containers) as an extra purchase to get the full functionality.
- You don't like the LED timer screen. You could be apprehensive of the timer due to spillage or heat, or entirely out of preference.
Vitamix A2500 pros & cons
- Three main functions allow you to easily switch between smoothies, desserts, or soups
- Smart-detection through wireless contact of specialty containers adjusts time and settings for you
- Modern, stylish, and aesthetically pleasing
- 64-ounce pitcher for large capacity tasks.
- Smart detection cups are a separate purchase
- 64-ounce pitcher could be too big for home cooks
Construction and design
- Blending power: Vitamix A2500 boasts 120 volts of combining power and a high-performance motor.
- Durability: Vitamix products are designed and built in the United States and engineered to last. Vitamix A2500 comes with a 7-year warranty and are known to last longer. Additionally, the A2500 comes with a cool-protection motor, regulating the temperature of your blender.
- Noise level: The Vitamix A2500 is one of Vitamix's quieter models, and it's volume is comparable to other blenders of similar quality.
- Size: The jar is 64-ounces and takes up its fair share of counter space. Something to keep in mind, also, is that if you purchase the smart detect containers, these take up a little space.
- This blender comes with Vitamix's signature variable speed control and pulse combination, meaning it's the best to break up large, frozen chunks!
What can I make with Vitamix A2500?
- Frosted icing/whipped cream/meringue
Reasons to buy Vitamix A2500?
- You're a small business owner. If you're a professional cook in need of a blender, look no further. Not only does the LED timer allow for efficient multitasking, but the containers also allow you to customize your sizing, reducing waste, and saving you money.
- You cook a wide variety of dishes like desserts, smoothies, salsas, and soups. If this sounds like you, you need a blender to move between several courses with efficiency and ease. This is where the A2500's timer and ease of use come in handy.
- You want to redefine your cooking experience. Maybe you're starting a small business, or you're trying to save some money by cooking at home. Either way, if you're looking to streamline your kitchen routine by finding a tool that can manage almost any task, this is the blender for you.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix A2500?
- You don't want to purchase the self detect containers. We understand if you want a blender with which you can get the full functionality without making additional purchases.
- A 64-ounce pitcher is too big for you. If you're cooking in small batches and don't want to deal with a larger jar, this isn't the right Vitamix model for you. Instead, opt for the E310 with a smaller 48oz. container.
What real Vitamix A2500 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix A2500 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix A2500 scored higher, on average, compared to its closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "Yea, it's time to buy a 500 dollar blender, believe me, I use it every day at least twice.
- "This blender is awesome, by no doubt the best blender ever."
- "Love being able to walk away while it does its job."
- "When I started using it I quit using my food processor, juicer, and regular blender."
What reviewers dislike
- "Needs lots of counter space."
- "Everything works much better in the smaller container so I'm happily blending now with the 64 oz. container taking up space at the back of my cupboard."
- "I found I don't like the preset buttons when I control the speed myself."
- "The big jars are difficult to handle, Vitamix should make small jars for easy use."
- "The lid is not large, and made with flexible rubber, but solid plastic."
The A2500 allows you to walk away while the blender is working, the containers help to reduce waste and control portion size, plus cleanup is super manageable. We believe this blender is a great investment for serious smoothie-fans, professionals, and those who often use their blenders.
Of course, the price-point is a huge drawback for many people. (Though it's a reasonably-priced product for what you get.) And, on top of that, you have to purchase additional containers to get the full benefits of the A2500. Our advice? If you're thinking of taking the plunge, do it. If you can use it, it's absolutely worth it! Moreover, Vitamix has a fair warranty that protects your investment. If you're hesitant, do a little more research. Vitamix is known for its quality blenders, and assuredly have the right one for you.
Where to buy Vitamix A2500
There are several colors of Vitamix A2500, and after scouring the web for what seemed like days, we found the best prices on Amazon. You can get any color you want, plus browse the containers and accessories all in one area.