The Vitamix 780 is a top-of-the-line blender, providing LED touchscreen display and pre-programmed blend modes for ease of use. It's stylish, self-cleaning, comes with a large pitcher for bigger servings, and can even heat your savory ingredients. However, there's some concern about the pitcher design, which is plastic and occasionally leads to spillage.
Is a Vitamix 780 blender right for you?
There's no doubt that Vitamix 780 is one of the best blenders on the market. Its state-of-the-art LED display serves as command central for five pre-programmed settings ensuring consistent, professional-quality work that's so reliable; you can even walk away while your Vitamix 780 does it's thing!
Consider Vitamix 780 if...
- You need a professional-grade blender with a 64-ounce jar capable of blending concoctions for big families, events, or even professional kitchens.
- You want a sleek, contemporary statement piece that's both super functional and amazingly stylish.
- You like using your blender as an integral part of your cooking routine, preparing anything from hot soups to enticing frozen desserts (and everything in between!)
Avoid Vitamix 780 if...
- You don't need a 64-ounce jar because you're only cooking small amounts, meal-prepping, or making smoothies.
- You don't want a professional-grade blender. You might not want a fancy blender with all the bells and whistles, and that's okay!
- You don't like the modern upgrade of an LED screen and prefer the standard dials, buttons, or switches of the more traditional Vitamix models.
Vitamix 780 pros & cons
- Super stylish and fits almost any decor
- Modern LED screen provides enhanced ease of use and functionality
- Ideal for professional kitchens or small businesses
- A large-capacity jar makes cooking for groups easier
- One of Vitamix's most expensive models
- The 64-ounce jar could be too big for smaller tasks
- The pitcher is made of plastic
Construction and design
- Blending power: Vitamix 780 boasts top-of-the-line blending power at 120 volts, 50/60 hertz, 12 Amps. That's significant blending power for consistent, even blends throughout the life of your blender.
- Durability: Vitamix takes pride that all their blenders are made in the United States. Vitamix 780 are engineered with premium, airplane-grade steel ensuring your blender is built to last.
- Noise level: Unlike other models, Vitamix 780 is quiet during operation. This guarantees you're not waking up your household or disturbing your neighbors while you're blending.
- Size: Vitamix 780 is a low-profile design, meaning it's shorter than most blenders and can more easily fit on your counter beneath low-hanging cabinets. This is an excellent feature if you're in a smaller kitchen or an apartment.
- Five different pre-programmed modes means cooking is easy, and your recipes are consistent each time you make them.
What can I make with Vitamix 780?
- Soup (Vitamix 780 has the power to heat your ingredients)
Reasons to buy Vitamix 780?
- You're a professional chef or a small business owner in need of a quality blender. Vitamix 780 ease of use and quick cleaning feature, coupled with its size, makes it the ideal blender for efficiency.
- You need a quality blender that serves large portions. This is especially important if you cook for a large family or entertain frequently and use your blender as an essential part of your cooking routine.
- You cook a wide variety of things like desserts, smoothies, salsas, and soups, and you need a blender that can move between different dishes with efficiency and ease. This is where the pre-programmed functions of Vitamix 780 really shine!
Reasons to avoid Vitamix 780?
- You don't like the plastic jar. This is simply a turn-off for some people, though there's no indication it affects your blender's performance.
- You need to cook in smaller batches. It's understandably annoying to use a 64-ounce jar when you're preparing smaller portions, but it's also an easy fix. Vitamix has several models with small or medium-size pitchers if you're as adventurous as a chef, but you're only cooking for two. In this case, consider the Vitamix E310.
What real Vitamix 780 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix 780 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix 780 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "I was concerned that the touch screen speed control wouldn't be very responsive but I'm glad I was wrong."
- "Love the touch screen, very user friendly. Noise level beats that of any other blender."
- "Makes the best smoothies and very easy to clean. Highly recommended."
- "The 7 year warranty also adds to the reassurance that your buying a well made product that's going to last."
- "I finally took the plunge to buy this. So glad I did because it is worth every penny."
What reviewers dislike
- "It's beautiful and quite during operation. However, for the price, I expect[ed] the parts [to] also [be] durable. The plastic pusher is very fragile."
- "My only complaint is the pitcher. When I make a full 64+ oz of smoothie it is almost impossible to pour it into cups without it flowing over the sides."
- "The cons are a plastic pitcher."
- "To spend so much money on this thing and get a silly looking plastic toy tamper thingy is disappointing."
- "You have to add liquids, use the tamper and it gets air pockets. So, it takes some finagling. Once I get past that it's wicked fast."
If we're being totally transparent, we'll tell you that we absolutely adore Vitamix 780. It's a stellar product with fantastic versatility that redefines what a blender can do. And the LED touch screen display? It's a blender-lover's dream. Vitamix 780 also doesn't come with the noise complaints of other blenders of similar caliber. The pre-programmed modes for blending, pureeing, heating, and even cleaning make this product efficient and straightforward to use for both professional chefs and those who cook like pros!
We also understand that the price point can be high if you're not investing in a blender for your small business or professional kitchen. Many people have concerns surrounding the design and size of the pitcher. But it's important to remember these issues don't inhibit your ability to make scrumptious dishes with your blender! And, when you're buying a Vitamix 780, you're investing in quality, durability, and peace of mind. Additionally, we believe the Vitamix 7-year warranty (plus the ability to extend the warranty for another 3 years) to be fair. It protects your investment and ensures you get the quality product you purchased.
Where to buy Vitamix 780
There is a single type and color of Vitamix 780, and after scouring the web for what seemed like days, we found the best price on Amazon. Once you've purchased your Vitamix 780, you can expect your new blender to arrive in just a few days!