If you're looking for an at-home blender with the Vitamix name for a great price, the Vitamix 5300 is for you. This classic blender brings everything you love about Vitamix, such as variable speed control, self-cleaning mechanisms, and large-capacity pitchers, combining them with a traditional pulse function for optimal performance.
Is a Vitamix 5300 blender right for you?
The Vitamix 5300 is a fantastic home blender that combines many familiar features of a traditional blender with a few modern upgrades! For example, Vitamix 5300 fuses the familiar pulse function with variable speed control, allowing you to fine-tune your ingredients! This makes it perfect if you're a home blender-fanatic, a frequent meal-prepper, or if you're looking for efficiency in your daily kitchen routine.
Consider Vitamix 5300 if...
- You need a blender that's an excellent balance between price and quality.
- You want a 64-ounce pitcher capable of taking on large recipes and batches.
- You like to blend with a lot of frozen fruits, rendering the pulse function a frequent necessity.
Avoid Vitamix 5300 if...
- You don't need a more traditional blender that's less versatile than its modern counterparts.
- You don't want a large pitcher. If you're cooking for a small family or don't entertain often, a medium-sized pitcher could be a better option for you.
- You don't like the larger base, which could take up considerable space on a countertop or in storage.
Vitamix 5300 pros & cons
- Pulse function to pulverize hard or frozen ingredients
- Comes in a variety of colors: black, silver, and red
- Isn't as versatile as other Vitamix models
- 64-ounce pitcher could be too big for at-home users
Construction and design
- Blending power: The power of the Vitamix 5300 is one of the best you'll get for a blender meant to be used in the home. It boasts an impressive 2.2 HP motor that grinds through tough ingredients to create consistent, quality blends.
- Durability: Vitamix offers a 7-year warranty on this American engineered and manufactured model. However, the Vitamix 5300 is designed to last even longer. Each product undergoes a rigorous 17-point inspection to ensure it lasts for years. Finally, the laser-cut hammermill cutting blades measure 4-in diameter for efficient chopping!
- Noise level: The noise from a Vitamix 5300 is about what you'd expect from a classic blender meant to be used in the home.
- Size: Though stylish, Vitamix 5300 is slightly on the bulky side, which is a potential consideration if you're in a smaller kitchen or low on counter space.
What can I make with Vitamix 5300?
- Soups/porridges (though the 5300 doesn't come with the heating function of professional-grade Vitamix models)
Reasons to buy Vitamix 5300?
- It's a good conjunction between price and quality. If you've always wanted a Vitamix but have been discouraged by their professional-grade models' prices, this is the right model for you!
- The 64-ounce pitcher is great if you're making smoothies for the whole family, entertaining, or cooking in larger batches.
- The combination of pulse and variable speed is ideal for frequent smoothie makers looking for a time-saving blender that creates quality smoothies.
Reasons to avoid Vitamix 5300?
- You're looking for a professional-grade blender. This blender is great, but if you're a restaurant owner or a chef looking for a professional model, Vitamix has tons of options like the Professional Series 750.
- You need something smaller. That's okay! If you're cooking in smaller batches, making fewer smoothies, or don't entertain frequently, but still want Vitamix's power, opt for the E310 with a smaller 48oz. container.
What real Vitamix 5300 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? Vitamix 5300 receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). Vitamix 5300 scored higher, on average, compared to its closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- "The fact that it is made by U.S. workers AND is the best blender in the world makes us a Vitamix family for life."
- "It is so easy to use I make smoothies nearly every day."
- "I usually blend smoothies for one, and I can see the wider design would do well with more volume, but it works great to make just a couple cups also."
- "What can you say about a Vitamix 5300 but WOW - Works wonderfully. Making almond milk and it is SUPER!!!"
- "This is the best blender ever! I have owned other brands, but Vitamix beats them all."
What reviewers dislike
- "Does a great job of liquefying stuff. But it's way too noisy."
- "When spending hundreds of dollars on a blender, the container should be dishwasher safe!"
- "It's plastic and I paid more or got dupped in the description. Seems fine now but not sure how long the plastic will last."
- "Product worked as promised but it is really really noisy!"
- "For people trying to conserve water and use a dishwasher to wash everything else, that means you need to use extra water to clean this."
As fellow blender-enthusiasts, we love this blender. It's excellent value for the price, especially considering Vitamix has a reputation for being expensive. The pulse function pairs excellently with the variable speeds and it's so easy to clean. Vitamix 5300 is a great option if you're an avid smoothie-maker, a meal prepper, or you're looking for a high-quality blender to make your kitchen life easier!
Of course, there are a few considerations. If you're looking for a professional blender for your restaurant or small business, this isn't the appropriate model for you. And we all know how annoying it is to try to blend smaller ingredients in a pitcher that's simply too large, so if you're a solo-smoothie type of person or you're only cooking for a limited number of people, you should consider a different Vitamix model like the E310 or 7500.
Owning a Vitamix proves you take your blending seriously, and if you're in the market for an affordable yet high-performing blender, we highly suggest the Vitamix 5300.
Where to buy Vitamix 5300
We scoured the internet and found the best prices for Vitamix 5300 on Amazon. There, you can pick between all the colors. You'll find Amazon is also the most consistently-stocked market, and delivery times are incredibly fast. Meaning you could have your Vitamix 5300 and be making delicious treats in no time.