Making deliciously refreshing margaritas is easy with the Vitamix S30 or 7500. The S30's 20oz and 40oz containers are great for single serve drinks or for entertaining, while its variable speed control allows you to achieve that perfect slushy consistency. The 7500's powerful 2.2HP motor and 64oz low-profile container is ideal for large parties or bars.
Which Vitamix blender is best for making Margaritas?
Making margaritas in a Vitamix is an incredibly simple and fun alternative to buying pre-mixed margaritas, and the consistency is thick and slushy if done right. While just about any Vitamix can handle a margarita recipe, some models are better suited to this task than others. The Vitamix S30 makes creating margaritas for a few people or just yourself convenient. The S30 includes a 40oz container and a 20oz, making it easy to create large or small volumes. Plus, the S30's variable speed control and pulse function is perfect for crushing ice and creating the perfect consistency for sipping. If you're looking for a blender that can serve lots of people at barbecues or parties, Vitamix's classic 7500 is a great choice. The 2.2 HP motor handles large volumes of ice with ease, and its low-profile, 64 oz container is much easier to serve from than Vitamix's taller containers.
- Variety of batch size options: Whether you'd like to make one margarita or many, the S30's 20oz and 40oz container options can cater to your needs. Plus, the S30's 20oz container is double walled, so you can bring your margarita poolside without it getting too warm.
- Variable speed control: While this Vitamix model may be small, it still features Vitamix's signature 10 variable speeds. Variable speed control helps you achieve that thick, slushy consistency—key to a perfect margarita.
- Pulse function: Blending large volumes of ice is no problem with the S30's pulse function. If ice chunks are shying away from the blades, using the pulse function grabs these chunks and reintegrates them into your blend.
- Low profile 64oz container: The 7500's 64oz container is perfect for entertaining large amounts of people at parties, barbecues, or if you own a bar! Its low-profile, 64oz container makes pouring and serving much easier than Vitamix's classic 64oz containers. The container's added width allows for ease of scraping, minimizing waste.
- 2.2HP motor: The 7500's 2.2HP motor makes light work out of crushing large volumes of ice. If you're planning on using your blender routinely for margaritas, the 2.2HP motor lasts longer than less powerful motors, making the 7500 a great addition to any bar.
- Variable speed control and pulse function: Like the S30, the 7500's variable speed control and pulse function are great for perfecting your margarita consistency and grinding through large chunks of ice.
How to make margaritas in your Vitamix blender
Making margaritas in your Vitamix is as simple as making sure you've gathered the correct ingredients before beginning, and simply hitting blend. Sometimes, cutting fruit beforehand is required, but as each margarita recipe differs, you may be able to skip this step if your recipe doesn't call for it.
To get a smooth, consistent blend, we recommend beginning your blend at 1 and quickly increasing to 10 for 30 or 40 seconds. If ice chunks stop the blend, switch to your pulse function to reintegrate these chunks. If done correctly, you'll have deliciously refreshing margaritas in less than one minute!
Additional tips when cooking in your Vitamix blender
- Make sure your ingredient measurements are suited to your Vitamix container size. Unless you're using a Self-Detect container, when blending in a 48oz compared to a typical 64oz container, you'll only need 3/4 of the listed ingredients. Always make sure your ingredients are suited to your container size to prevent overflow and spillage!
- Don't freehand your measurements. Like any other recipe, Vitamix blender recipes require correct measurements and quantities in order to turn out correctly. Pay attention to measurements and add ingredients accordingly.
- The Vitamix's removable lid plug is a measuring cup. If you're measuring liquids in ounces, the Vitamix's removable lid plug doubles as a ounce measuring cup to quickly add liquids conveniently!
- After your blended recipe, use Vitamix's quick clean method for added convenience. Whether your Vitamix has a self-cleaning setting or not, most Vitamix models can be cleaned after use by adding some water, dish soap and blending. Save yourself time in the kitchen by using this method!
Try this Vitamix margarita recipe!
Cook Time: 10 minutes total
Yields 3 cups
- 2 peaches, pitted, halved
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 4 fluid ounces (90 ml) tequila
- 1.5 cup (195 g) ice cubes
- Break the tips off the rosemary sprigs and set aside for garnish. Pick 6 leaves from the woody stems and place in the Vitamix container.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Blend for 30 to 40 seconds, or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Divide between frozen margarita glasses and garnish with the reserved rosemary sprigs and a slice of fresh peach.
Want to try more delicious recipes? Get a Vitamix, today!
With a Vitamix blender, you'll be able to make delicious margaritas in just minutes, and so much more! We found the best prices for the Vitamix S30 and 7500 on Amazon. Get cooking in style with a Vitamix—check the best prices on Amazon, here!