Both the Vitamix A3500 and Vitamix E310 make creating delicious vegan dishes from the comfort of your home easy and fun. The A3500's 4 programmed recipe settings allow you to create perfect vegan soups, smoothies, dips & spreads, or frozen desserts perfectly every time. If you're looking for a more traditional blending experience, the E310's variable speed and pulse control is great for custom consistency and produce prep.
Which Vitamix blender is best for making vegan recipes?
Making homemade vegan recipes in a Vitamix is an incredibly simple and cost-effective alternative to expensive vegan fare. While just about any Vitamix can handle a variety of vegan recipes, some models are better suited to this task than others. For example, the A3500 from Vitamix's newest Ascent Series creates perfect soups, dips & spreads, frozen desserts, and smoothies with the touch of a button. All you have to worry about is putting the correct ingredients into the container, and the A3500's powerful 2.2 HP motor blends practically any vegan recipe with ease. Looking for a slightly smaller container size, or a more traditional blending experience? The Vitamix E310 is a great choice. It's 10 variable speeds and pulse control allows you to blend vegan recipes however you'd like, and its 48oz container is perfect for small gatherings or families.
- 4 programmed recipe settings: Having the option to use this programmed setting takes away a lot of the guesswork on when your food is finished. These settings are perfect for a variety of vegan recipes, and allows you to let your blender do the work while you attend to other kitchen tasks.
- Variable Speed Control: The A3500's variable speed control is perfect for when you want to take your vegan recipes into your own hands. This function allows you to choose your blend's consistency for a personalized, homemade feel.
- Self-Detect Technology: Planning on doubling your vegan recipe, but you're not sure if your programmed setting can blend twice the ingredients properly? With the A3500's Self-Detect container technology, add any amount of ingredients and blend worry-free. The Self-Detect containers sense how much food it's holding and adjusts it's speed and blend time accordingly.
- 2HP Motor: The E310's powerful 2HP motor can handle virtually any ingredient. The motor brings your recipe's blend up to the required speed quickly for a smooth, even consistency without over-processing.
- Variable speed control and pulse function: Like the A3500's, the E310's variable speed control and pulse function are key elements to perfecting your vegan recipes. If ingredients get stuck, the pulse function allows the E310's blades to grab the ingredients and pull them back into the blend, while the high speed function brings your mixture to optimal speed in under a minute.
How to make vegan recipes in your Vitamix blender
Vegan recipes come in all kinds of forms and varieties, so your prep work and method will change depending on the recipe. For example, soups often require you to chop and roast your vegetables before blending, while frozen desserts don't require much prep work at all. The recipe we'll show you today requires you to peel and pit four avocados and halve one onion- minimal prep from maximum flavor!
The A3500 simplifies this process tremendously. If your recipe falls under one of the A3500's programmed settings, simply select this setting and watch your ingredients transform into delicious vegan goodness. For the recipe today, you'll select the dips & spreads setting on the A3500, or you'll start on the lowest speed on the E310, quickly increasing to 10, and blending for 20 seconds. For a chunkier blend, you can blend on a lower speed, or pulse the ingredients until mixed.
Additional tips when cooking in your Vitamix blender
- Make sure your ingredient measurements are suited to your Vitamix container size. Unless you're using a Self-Detect container, when blending in a 48oz compared to a typical 64oz container, you'll only need 3/4 of the listed ingredients. Always make sure your ingredients are suited to your container size to prevent overflow and spillage!
- Don't freehand your measurements. Like any other recipe, Vitamix blender recipes require correct measurements and quantities in order to turn out correctly. Pay attention to measurements and add ingredients accordingly.
- The Vitamix's removable lid plug is a measuring cup. If you're measuring liquids in ounces, the Vitamix's removable lid plug doubles as a ounce measuring cup to quickly add liquids conveniently!
- After your blended recipe, use Vitamix's quick clean method for added convenience. Whether your Vitamix has a self-cleaning setting or not, most Vitamix models can be cleaned after use by adding some water, dish soap and blending. Save yourself time in the kitchen by using this method!
Try this Vitamix guacamole recipe!
Cook Time: 10 minutes total
Yields 720 ml (12 servings)
- 2 (200 g) medium tomatoes
- 1 cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (80 g) small onion, peeled, halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 (450 g) avocados, pitted, peeled
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Want to try more delicious recipes? Get a Vitamix, today!
With a Vitamix blender, you'll be able to make delicious vegan recipes in just minutes, and so much more! We found the best prices for the Vitamix A3500 and 750 on Amazon. Get cooking in style with a Vitamix—check the best prices on Amazon, here!