#1 Vitamix Hummus Recipe
With the Vitamix A3500, or the Vitamix 750, creating deliciously thick, homemade hummus from the comfort of your own kitchen is easy. Simply select the A3500's dips & spreads setting for perfectly creamy hummus every time. Looking for a more traditional blender? The Vitamix 750's powerful 2.2HP motor can handle thick mixtures like hummus with ease, and the variable speed control allows you to create your ideal consistency.
Which Vitamix blender is best for making Hummus?
Making homemade hummus in a Vitamix is an incredibly simple, delicious alternative to store bought hummus, and the consistency is thick and creamy if done right. While just about any Vitamix can handle a hummus recipe, some models are better suited to this task than others. For example, the professional-grade Vitamix 750's 2.2HP motor, variable speed control, and pulse function makes chef-inspired precision accessible in any kitchen. Whether you like a buttery-smooth or thicker hummus, the 750 is perfect for fine tuning your hummus. Plus, the 750 is compatible with multiple different container sizes, so you can make small or large batches. If you're interested in a more advanced Vitamix model, the A3500 from Vitamix's newest Ascent Series creates perfect hummus with the touch of a button. This blender has a dips & spreads setting, so all you have to worry about is putting the correct ingredients into the container!
- 2.2HP motor: The 750's professional grade, 2.2 HP motor transforms your chickpeas into a heavenly hummus before you can even warm up your pita! Simply use the 750's tamper to push your ingredients towards the 750's powerful whirring blades.
- Compatible with various containers: Whether you're looking for a quick hummus fix, meal prepping for the rest of the week, the 750's compatibility with multiple container sizes makes it easy to create small or large hummus batches.
- Variable Speed Control: For thicker blends like hummus, utilizing the 750's variable speed control prevents your blender from becoming stuck or stalled mid-blend. Plus, the speed control allows you to choose how thick you want your blend to be for a satisfying result every time.
- The Dips & Spreads Setting: Having the option to use this programmed setting takes away a lot of the guesswork on when your food is finished. This setting is perfect for hummus recipes, and allows you to let your blender do the work while you attend to other kitchen tasks.
- Variable Speed Control: Like the 750, the A3500's variable speed control is perfect for when you want to take your hummus recipes into your own hands. This function allows you to choose exactly how thick you want your hummus to be—great for that personalized, homemade feel.
- Self-Detect Technology: Planning on doubling your hummus recipe, but you're not sure if your programmed setting can blend twice the ingredients properly? With the A3500's Self-Detect container technology, add any amount of ingredients and blend worry-free. The Self-Detect containers sense how much food it's holding and adjusts it's speed and blend time accordingly.
How to make hummus in your Vitamix blender
Whether you're using the dips & spreads setting on the A3500, or the variable speed dial and pulse function on the 750, creating perfect hummus takes just a few minutes. Vitamix hummus recipes are convenient and relatively simple, requiring minimal prep work before blending. All you have to do is peel one garlic clove and make sure you have the correct measurements of all the other listed ingredients.
Using the dips & spreads setting on your A3500 is as easy as hitting start, but if your using the variable speed dial on the 750, you'll have to increase your blend speed to 10, using the tamper if needed to push the ingredients towards the blades. Blend for just one minute for thick, creamy hummus!
Additional tips when cooking in your Vitamix blender
- Make sure your ingredient measurements are suited to your Vitamix container size. Unless you're using a Self-Detect container, when blending in a 48oz compared to a typical 64oz container, you'll only need 3/4 of the listed ingredients. Always make sure your ingredients are suited to your container size to prevent overflow and spillage!
- Don't freehand your measurements. Like any other recipe, Vitamix blender recipes require correct measurements and quantities in order to turn out correctly. Pay attention to measurements and add ingredients accordingly.
- The Vitamix's removable lid plug is a measuring cup. If you're measuring liquids in ounces, the Vitamix's removable lid plug doubles as a ounce measuring cup to quickly add liquids conveniently!
- After your blended recipe, use Vitamix's quick clean method for added convenience. Whether your Vitamix has a self-cleaning setting or not, most Vitamix models can be cleaned after use by adding some water, dish soap and blending. Save yourself time in the kitchen by using this method!
Try this Vitamix hummus recipe!
Cook Time: 8 minutes total
Yields 3.75 cups.
- 2 cans (900 g) chickpeas, liquid reserved from 1 can
- 1/4 cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- Place chickpeas, liquid from 1 can of chickpeas, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with salt.
Want to try more delicious recipes? Get a Vitamix, today!
With a Vitamix blender, you'll be able to make homemade hummus in just minutes, and so much more! We found the best prices for the Vitamix A3500 and 750 on Amazon. Get cooking in style with a Vitamix—check the best prices on Amazon, here!