With the Vitamix A2500 or 5300, making deliciously smooth, piping-hot soups is simple and convenient. Simply select the A2500's hot soup setting and watch your Vitamix transform your ingredients into a gourmet blend. For a more traditional blending experience, use the 5300's 2.2HP motor and variable speed control to create the perfect consistency with ease.
Which Vitamix blender is best for making hot soups?
Making soup in a Vitamix is an incredibly simple alternative to using a handheld blender over a pot of steaming ingredients, with the consistency being velvety-smooth if done right. While just about any Vitamix can handle a soup recipe, some models are better suited to this task than others. For example, the A2500 from Vitamix's newest Ascent Series comes with a soup setting. This programmed setting makes it easy to make perfect blended soups in your Vitamix every time, regardless of the ingredients. If you're looking for a more traditional Vitamix model with the same soup-blending power, the 5300 is an excellent choice. This blender's 2.2 motor power ensures its blades spin fast enough to create piping-hot, velvety blends, and the variable speed control and pulse function make it easy to control your consistency.
- Its hot soup setting: With the A2500's hot soup setting, making soup is as easy as pressing a button. This setting is engineered specifically to create velvety, smooth blends with any soup ingredients. No more fiddling with dials!
- Its programmable timer: To make the best soup consistency in a blender, the ingredients need to be blended on high speed for a long period of time (around 5 minutes or more). With the A2500's programmable timer, you won't have to guess when your soup is ready!
- Its variable speed control and pulse function: While the hot soup setting is convenient, the A2500's 10 variable speeds and pulse function allow you to choose your soup consistency. if you prefer to have fine-tuned control over your blends, this function is great for ensuring that your soup consistency is to your liking.
- Its 2.2 HP motor: In order to make hot soups in your blender, your blender needs a powerful motor that spins the blades fast enough to create friction. The 5300 features Vitamix's most powerful at home motor, surely able to create piping-hot and silky smooth soups in just minutes.
- Its variable speed control and pulse function: Like the A2500, the 5300's 10 variable speeds and pulse function give you control over consistency. Plus, the pulse function is great for chopping vegetables beforehand for a smoother blending experience.
How to make soup in your Vitamix blender
Whether you're using the hot soup setting on the A2500, or the variable speed dial and pulse function on the 5300, creating blended soups takes just a few minutes. While Vitamix soups are convenient, they do take a bit more prep work than a smoothie. Vegetables like carrots or broccoli must be cut and steamed or roasted, and garlic or onion should be diced or minced. For this reason, soups do take longer to make than frozen desserts.
Using the hot soup setting on the A2500 is as easy as selecting this setting on the control panel and pressing start. The 5300 requires you to increase your speed from 1-10 quickly and monitor the blend for 5 minutes or more to create adequate friction for hot soup.
Additional tips when cooking in your Vitamix blender
- Make sure your ingredient measurements are suited to your Vitamix container size. When blending in a 48oz compared to a typical 64oz container, you'll only need 3/4 of the listed ingredients. Always make sure your ingredients are suited to your container size to prevent overflow or spillage!
- Don't freehand your measurements. Like any other recipe, Vitamix blender recipes require correct measurements and quantities in order to turn out as intended. Pay attention to measurements and add ingredients accordingly.
- The Vitamix's removable lid plug is a measuring cup. If you're measuring liquids in ounces, the Vitamix's removable lid plug doubles as a ounce measuring cup to quickly add liquids conveniently!
- After your blended recipe, use Vitamix's quick clean method for added convenience. Whether your Vitamix has a self-cleaning setting or not, most Vitamix models can be cleaned after use by adding some water, dish soap and blending. Save yourself time in the kitchen by using this method!
Try this Vitamix Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe!
Cook Time: 15 minutes (total)
Yields 2.5 servings using a 64oz container
- 1 cup (120 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups (270 g) broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 teaspoons onion, peeled, diced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Want to try more delicious recipes? Get a Vitamix, today!
With a Vitamix blender, you'll be able to make delicious soup in just minutes, and so much more! We found the best prices for the Vitamix A2500 and 5300 on Amazon. Get cooking in style with a Vitamix—check the best prices on Amazon, here!